TOURNAMENT PAYMENT POLICY
Listed below are the Brandywine Valley tournament payment policies, failure to abide by these policies may result in the forfeiture of a tournament spot.
- A non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit of $300 is required for all tournaments.
- To secure a spot in a tournament, Brandywine Valley requires a deposit by check. Brandywine Valley Baseball will hold the spot for 7 days, if we do not receive the check within 7 days, the tournament spot will become available for another team.
- Final payment for all tournaments is due ONE MONTH prior to the start of the tournament. Approximately 15 days before the final payment due date an email reminder will be sent to coaches who still have an outstanding balance.
- If final payment is not received by the due date, coaches will be contacted and will be given one full business day to make necessary payment. If there is no contact made after one business day, Brandywine Valley Baseball will contact the first person on the wait list for that specific tournament and the original team will forfeit the deposit and their spot in the tournament.
- If a coach is registering for a tournament inside of one month prior to the start date of the tournament, full payment is required.
- A wait list will be kept for each tournament. Coaches on the wait list will be contacted in the order that their calls were received. When we contact the wait list, coaches will be given 24 hours to get back in touch with us before we move onto the next name or team.
- There are ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS given within 14 days of the start date of the tournament.
RAIN/INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
In the event of rain we will do everything within our power to stay as close to the game schedule as possible. However, because of limited field availability we may have to deviate from the printed schedule.
- If and when we need to alter the schedule, we use the following procedures/priorities as our guide:
1. Our first priority always will be to make sure that each team plays its minimum number of games – We will try to maintain the original schedule as much as possible – In the event of weather/darkness, it may not be possible to accommodate schedule requests
2. We will attempt to have a championship game – We will never name a champion of a tournament without a championship game – We may eliminate the quarter-final or semi-final round to ensure a championship game
- Games that do not make it to regulation (4 complete innings for a 6 inning game or 5 complete innings for a 7 inning game) due to weather / darkness will be considered a suspended game and will be resumed (if possible) from the point of suspension at the earliest time available.
- If there is not enough time to resume a suspended game, it will be considered complete and official at the end of the last complete inning. Here are some further points to help illustrate this policy.